Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Angel and the Hollow Man


     These two photos came to me after an event that I witnessed one time while me and my Father were checking out at a grocery store.  There was a man in front of us who looked to be about 45 years old. This man looked like a zombie, standing there with his mouth agape, while he had earbuds in his ears. He had a lot of items to check out and while he was standing there, the checkout lady, who was already being overcome by the line of customers, had to bag his entire stockpile because he was enthralled in his own little world. I noticed what was going on and after the man had left and we were next in line, i helped bag our groceries. I'll never forget when the checkout lady just gave me a simple "thank you," I knew that was the one of the most sincere "thank you's" I have heard in a long time.

1 comment:

  1. This photograph is reminiscent of DaVinci's Man is the Measure of All Things. The image on the left is ethereal and clear with a seemingly heavenly light, while the image on the right is dark and grainy with the exception of the headphones. In addition, the image on the right seems almost grotesque, with strange ears and trunk like feet. The juxtaposition of the two suggests that technology is deforming us.

    ReplyDelete